Now that Java 8 has been released, I have started work on expanding antlr-java-parser to include the new syntax. Some interesting features to look forward to are lambdas and method references. The latter of which is causing more problems than the former. I have completed the lambda modifications to the parser, but since method references are a bit more complex syntactically, they will take more time to finish coding/testing.
In the meantime, I have also uncovered a memory leak within the antlr framework and will be releasing a workaround shortly. The authors of antlr have stated the work around will cause significant performance penalties, but my opinion is to have stability over performance in this regard. Perhaps I’ll make the work around configurable with the default being “on”.